A brand new attraction is open inside Epic Waters in Grand Prairie, Texas and our family was stoked to attend the grand opening (via sponsorship). For those of you visiting the Dallas/Fort Worth area summer 2019 and beyond, this is a great opportunity to add more to your day when visiting this state of the art water complex. The folks at Epic Waters added an additional 10,000 square feet for the outdoor Epic Wave Pool space promising to double the fun for the same price of admission.
- Tickets to Epic Waters Indoor Water Park gets you access to this new outdoor wave pool area.
- You must walk through the indoor water park to get to the Wave Pool outdoor addition. Just walk passed Rascal’s Roundup (ie. the kiddie area with a tall play structure and giant bucket).
- Waves are not constant. They present themselves periodically with a simulated surge of four-foot high waves, which run roughly at 10 minute intervals throughout the day.
- Epic Waves is an impressive 10,000 square-feet and boasts a 300,000 gallon wave pool, restrooms, and a lounge chair section for basking in the sun or resting in the shade.
- Splash area for the little ones has a zero entry and gentle fountains for no stress play.
- Inner tubes and life jackets are complimentary.
- Outdoor snack cart is cash only.
- Gluten Free options are available at Epic Waves. When we visited we could choose from either a cup of fruit, packaged chips, or Mini Melts (the chocolate, cotton candy & banana were all labeled gluten free). Tip: Fruit is hand packaged so ask about preparation handling to make sure it is Celiac safe.
- The facility is the largest indoor waterpark under a single retractable roof in North America and the Travel Channel rated this location one of the most incredible water parks in the United States. Read about more details of the Epic Waters Indoor Water Park here.
- Unlike the indoor section that is open year round, Epic Waves will be open seasonally from May through September.
Please note Kid Allergy Travel did receive complementary admission. Although this was part of a media visit, rest assured, the opinions provided in the post by Kid Allergy Travel remain our own. Photos by Kid Allergy Travel.
Looking for more ideas for food & fun in the Dallas area? Check out other great family friendly activities and dining suggestions in DFW on our Dallas U.S. Destinations Page.
Looking for a place to stay?
Dallas/Fort Worth hotel deals can be found through our affiliate partner Booking.com here.